The Toastmasters Wikia
The Toastmasters Wikia was started on 2005-07-30; we are currently working on 509 articles.
This Wikia is supported by the community of Toastmasters members, worldwide and updated daily by a group of like-minded individual contributors (a Wikia). The Toastmasters Wikia can be our centralized repository of Toastmasters experience. You can easily Search the Wiki. You can edit anything on this site by clicking the "edit" tab on top of a page. Click Request Content if you can't find specific information you are looking for. Please share your experiences and contribute to the success of the Toastmasters Wikia!
JOIN THE SITE: CREATE A LOGIN HERE OR Special:Userlogin!
The main articles
- Current events (see also link on left) for events near you (including contests)
- Toastmasters Educational Program—complete information on getting your Competent Communicator, Competent Leader, and advanced awards, leading to Distinguished Toastmaster. See also Educational Program and articles referenced therein.
Current Events: Region/District News
- For Regional Conferences and District Contest Events in the USA and Canada, click here USA-Canada Current Events
- For District Contest Events in "Districts Not Assigned to Regions," click here DNAR Current Events.
- To find a Regional or District Conference, browse by category "Conferences."
- To find a Division, Area or Club Speech Contest (calendar or results), browse by category "Contests."
Click on Speaking for...
- New Section! See Contests for details for a speech contest near you! Please add to our contest pages. Thanks to District 53 and District 74, always fast off the mark, for doing so.
- Contest checklist
- Ideas on how to Choose a topic.
- The use of Humour and body language as well as
- Tips Per Assignment for the projects in the Competent Communication Manual.
- This section also includes other Meeting Roles, such as Toastmaster, Evaluations, Table Topicsmaster, Timer, and others.
- Speaking outside Toastmasters—what to charge, where to find engagements
Click on Leading for...
- Club Leadership Roles and Opportunities
- Area, Division or District Leadership Roles and Opportunities
- Building New Clubs
- Tips and "How to's" for Club Rescue and Club Coaches
- Mentoring New Leaders and Succession Planning
- Toastmasters Leadership Programs
- CL Project Goals and Objectives
- AL, ALB, and ALS Project Goals and Objectives
- High Performance Leadership
- How to run a Successful Speech Competition
- Role of the Contest Chair and Contestmaster
- Role of the Judges, Timers and Counters
- Ethics and Special Situations
- How to run a Successful Conference
- People Resources, Planning and Preparation
- Conference Promotion and Publicity
- Educational Programming: Seminars, Workshops and Contests
- Special Awards and Recognitions
All About Toastmasters
- All About Toastmasters—Joining a club, your first meeting, your first speech, and more.
- Check out Sara Marks' excellent blog
- For a list of all articles devoted to individual Toastmaster clubs, click here.
- You can contribute an article for your own club, and your members can update it; click on Club Site to find out more.
- If you are creating an article for your club, remember to put a link to your site in your Region and District page so other people can find you.
- For club sites near you, click on Current events.
- Take a look at how some members take their Toastmasters Online.
Honouring the contributions of inspirational Toastmasters and how they touched lives.
Wikia is an advertising-supported platform for developing and hosting community-based wikis. Specifically, Toastmasters Wikia enables Toastmasters members to share information, news, stories, media, and opinions that fall outside the scope of an encyclopedia.
Working with the Wiki
- A powerful way of navigating this site is to click on one of the "categories" listed at the bottom of the page: you will get a list of all the articles that fall into that category.
- Background to this site
- There are 509 articles on this site. Please add to them and spread the word (see below) about the Toastmasters Wikia!
- You can edit anything on this site: just press the "edit" tab. Please help expand stubs.
- Check out the list of wanted pages. This is a list of all pages that have been requested and are awaiting your input.
- Create a login name (not compulsory, but helps tracking your contributions and gives you an automatic user page): Special:Userlogin
- See also: Get started | Help:Editing | All about Wikis | All about this site
- This site has many pages grouped into categories; those in red are empty and still need some information.
- For a list of the categories, click: Special:Categories
- Please make a start on pages that have been requested.
- Evaluate this site: Give feedback here here User talk:Erichv
Promote the Toastmasters Wikia
The Toastmasters Wikia (was WikiCity) is a worthy resource for our Toastmaster members and their Club, Area, Division, District, and Region. All Club and District webmasters are encouraged to promote (i.e. link) the http://toastmasters.wikia.com site.
Add the following html code to your website page:
<table width="270" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tr> <td> <a href="http://toastmasters.wikia.com/"><img src="http://toastmasters.wikia.com/images/9/95/TM-Wikia.gif" alt="TM Wikia Badge" width="270" height="80" border="0" /></a> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center"> <strong>Visit <a href="http://toastmasters.wikia.com/">toastmasters.wikia.com</a></strong> </td> </tr> </table>
The html code above will place a small Toastmasters Wikia badge on your web page; as shown below.
|Tips Per Assignment||Leadership within Toastmasters|
|Choose a topic||Club Remedies|
|Current events||Main Page|