|Time 5–7 minutes|
- Understand the concept and nature of monodrama.
- Assume the identity of a character and portray the physical/emotional aspects.
Project Idea Examples
- Google 'free audition monologues'
- Lady Godiva - After the Ride
- recited a song from Nick Cave, Song of Joy
- Jean's monologue from the play Miss Julie
- The First Man (Eugene O'Neill)
- Shakespeare: Mercutio's "Queen Mab
- Sea of Swords by R.A. Salvatore
- Ulysses by Alfed Lord Tennyson
- "Heartland" by Patricia Smith
- 'Introducing Tobacco to the New World' by Bob Newhart
- "Balancing Act" by Linda Eisenstein
- "To Kill a Mocking Bird", Atticus Finch's closing arguments (http://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieSpeeches/moviespeechtokillamockingbird.html)
- Excerpted 'The Case of Willy Wonkas' - a funny complaint letter