PlayCon 2006 – Making Public Speaking Fun!
The Kammacon conference was reported on LIVE from INSIDE the sessions from a laptop and 3G card!
Please add it to this web site.
Click on Playcon programme for more info on the programme. Here's an overview:
Playcon -- day by day
- Beer tasting on Thursday 18 May 2006 (Sponsored by Bavaria Breweries)
- Friday 19 May: Playcon Keynote Speakers
- Saturday 20 May: Parallel "Playshops" and Discussion groups
- Saturday is also the finals of THREE public speaking Playcon Contests Who will be the region's best speaker in 2006?
Where to stay
- Misty Hills
- Playcon accommodation wanted / offered
- Playcon lifts -- to and from Playcon wanted / offered
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information on the conference, please go to the official site at http://www.maxicon.co.za or click Playcon FAQ
(If you have anything to add to these questions, please click "edit" and add them!
The Playcon committee -- and other ordinary toastmasters -- may be able to answer your question).
For general tips on speaking, including tips on winning competitions, see Speaking
For District 74-specific news, click District 74
Also, explore the categories at the bottom of this, and other pages.
Highlights of the Conference
- See Southern Africa’s top speakers compete in the finals of the World Championships of Public Speaking
- Learn about First Steps in Public Speaking, Speechwriting, How to develop your Creativity, Humorous Public Speaking, Competitive Speaking in a selection of interactive workshops and discussion groups
- Hear local keynote speakers on how you can motivate others by adding fun to your work and to your training programmes
- Learn about Toastmasters International and how this world-wide non-profit organisation can help you and your own community and organisation!
Details of the programme so far
See www.maxicon.co.za for the final programme
- If you're not growing, you're dying. Lessons from Eagles - Dr David Molapo
- Adding Humour to Business Presentations – Rod Taylor
- Say it like you mean it - Voice coaching with Delia Thompson, the Communication Academy
- Discovering the creativity of your right brain.
- Mini public speaking course modules 1 & 2 (for the non-member and newer member)
- "Oh no, not training again!" - games trainers play
- Speechcraft for Fun and Profit – a “how to” course
- It’s not just how you say it – it’s what you say, too -- Speechwriting
What would you like to see at the conference? Please list it here: Wish List
- Playcon lifts offered, requested
- What Playcon sponsorship opportunities exist?
Electronic networking board
- Hook up with individuals who are going
Notices -- Lost and found, etc
Useful contact numbers
You can get the phone numbers from the official Playcon site at http://www.maxicon.co.za. Here are the mail addresses.
Convenor: Kerryn House
Registrations: Rob Douglas
Marketing: Cindy McAdam
Venue: Lisa Fisher
Attendance: Beauty Zondi
Conference Organisational team resources
The aim is to have 500 people at the conference. We want:
- Number (500 attendees)
- Scope (Diversity -- age, disability, race, country, TM/non-TM, Gender)
- A Presentation you can use if you are an Area Governor, VPPRs, VPM etc
How to use this site
This is a "Wiki". What's a Wiki? Let's pretend you and I want to write the definitive reference for Toastmasters in the world.
It would probably take several months for you and I just to decide on what needs to be in a resource like that. Then we either have to write it or commission other people to write it. Then we have to edit what they submit.
That's probably a two-year process.
The alternative, is that I visit an on-line resource, looking for, say, Table Topics. I find NOTHING. So I add one little idea.
Then you come along, looking for table topics ideas. You find my idea. So you add one of your own.
To see this in action, visit the very real Toastmasters wiki at http://toastmasters.wikicities.com
Now we've got two ideas -- and we're using each other's knowledge. That's the idea behind this wiki.